As an Everyday Home Insurance customer, get 10% off an in-store grocery shop, once a month°
Find out more

Building and Contents Insurance

We know your home is more than just bricks and mortar. Get cover for your home contents with Everyday Building and Contents Insurance. Pick from two levels of cover and save up to 10%= when you purchase a combined Building & Contents Insurance policy online.

Get your quote now and protect your home and valuables for less.

"[Everyday Insurance] makes it easy to get a quote and sign up. They’re always offering local weather advice to help keep my home safe. I also like that it's quick to get through to speak to someone on the phone."

Ryan, VIC

What does Building and Contents Insurance cover?

water damage cover

Water damage

We’ll cover you for the loss or damage to your building or contents caused by the unexpected escape of liquids from sudden burst pipes, taps, dishwashers and more

stolen items


You'll be covered for loss or damage to your building or contents caused by theft

storm damage

Storm damage

We'll cover you for damage to your building or contents caused by storms, rainwater or flooding

fire damage

Fire Damage

You'll be covered for loss of damage to your building or contents in the event of a fire or explosion

  • Home office contents
    We'll help cover for loss or damage to contents in your home office, including computers and furniture

  • Accidental glass breakage
    We'll cover the cost of repairing accidental breakage of windows, shower screens, fixed mirrors and more
  • Emergency accommodation
    If you can’t safely stay at home because of loss or damage caused by a covered event, we'll help cover accommodation costs for you and your family

Keep your home and contents safe for less

Home and Contents optional extras

Valuables cover

Portable valuables

Planning a trip within Australia?
Protect yourself from loss or damage of eligible personal items while travelling, including cover for jewellery, clothes and glasses. You can choose from group cover or itemised cover for high-value items


Electrical motor burnout

If you add the optional electrical motor burnout benefit to your combined building and contents policy, we'll help pay to fix or replace motors which form part of your building, as well as contents which have broken down due to an electrical motor’s wiring burning out

Why pick Everyday Home Insurance?

Bundle to save

Bundle to save

Save up to 10%= when you buy combined home and contents insurance.

Quality cover you can trust

Quality cover you can count on

Backed by Hollard. One of Australia's largest insurers.

Award-winning Insurancer

Award-winning Insurance

Winner of Finder’s Customer Satisfaction Awards for Highly Commended Home Insurance 2023
See our awards >

24/7 emergency claims assistance

In the event of an emergency, our friendly claims team is available around the clock to help make your home safe and secure.

Questions about Home Insurance? We're here to help

What is Strata Title?

Strata Title is a title based on dividing the site into lots with separate titles. The most common application of Strata Title is for units; but it is also used for complexes with a number of duplexes and villas.

Can I insure my building if it is under Strata Title?

We do not offer building insurance for properties under Strata Title. However we can offer you Contents Insurance.

If there is damage to both my building and contents, do I need to pay two excesses if I lodge a claim?

In the event that the claim relates to the same insured event and the damage sustained is due to the same insured event (i.e. storm damage to your building and contents), then you would only need to pay whichever excess is the higher of your building or contents excess.

Are my fences covered?

Fences are covered under our insured events, however, we do not cover damage caused by storm, rainwater or flood if the fences and gates are not structurally sound or well maintained.

Does my Home Insurance cover me for storm, rainwater and flood?

You are covered for loss or damage to your building or contents (as applicable) caused by storm, rainwater and flood. There are some exclusions and limitations outlined on the Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement.

How do I lodge a Home Insurance claim in My Insurance Portal?

There are 3 different ways you can start your Home Insurance claim once you’re logged into your My Insurance Portal account:

1. Go to your Home Insurance policy, click on ‘Open policy details’ and start your claim by clicking on the ‘Make a claim’ button at the top of your screen.

2. Go to ‘My Policies’ page and click on the ‘Make a claim’ button on the Home Insurance policy you’d like to start a claim for.

3. Go to 'Make a Home Insurance claim' page and click on the ‘Start your online claim’ button.

° Offer valid for Everyday Insurance Policyholders (excluding Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Green Slip policyholders and Everyday Travel Insurance policyholders) with a registered Everyday Rewards card, linked to your policy, when making a purchase of up to $500 on groceries. Offer can only be redeemed once during the Offer Period. For full T&Cs click here.

= Up to 10% discount applies when you combine Building and Contents policies. Applies for the life of the combined policy. Minimum premiums may apply that will reduce the savings discount.

Testimonials based on individual circumstances and varying factors such as cover options, excess, risk ratings and available discounts.

Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions including the limits and exclusions of the insurance policy. Any advice provided is general only and may not be right for you. Before you purchase this product you should carefully read the Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and consider the Target Market Determination to decide if it is right for you.