Domestic Travel Insurance

Whether you’re heading out for the weekend, or travelling around Australia, Everyday Travel Insurance offers you support you can count on with a team available 24/7 to provide emergency assistance or through lodging a claim online.

We've partnered with nib, specialists in global travel insurance for over 20 years, so you can relax and focus on enjoying your local holiday.

Pick the domestic cover option that's most suitable for you:

 Benefits & limitations
(Applicable benefits and limits are per adult)

Comprehensive Domestic Standard Domestic
Cancellation and Deposit
24/7 online claims submission

Luggage and personal effects#

up to $4,000 up to $2,000
Cancellation or holiday deferment costs~ from $3,000 with the option to increase limits from $1,500 with the option to increase limits
from $500 with the option to increase limits
Cover for domestic emergency travel and accommodation expenses
up to $10,000
up to $5,000 up to $2,000
Coronavirus travel costs
up to $2,500

Above is a summary table only. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement for full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply.

Get a free Travel Insurance quote

Why consider Everyday Travel Insurance from Woolworths?

Emergency claims assistance

24/7 Emergency Assistance

Our friendly Emergency Assistance team are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Quality cover you can trust

Free cover for under 25s

Dependents under 25 receive free cover when travelling with an insured parent>

flexible cover options

No age limits

No age limits on Comprehensive or Frequent Traveller plans+

Online clams

Making claim time easy

You can submit your claim online anywhere in the world through our online portal

Frequently asked questions

I am going on a Cruise. Am I covered?

Whilst we do have ‘cruising’ destinations available for selection, these do not have to be selected. If the cruise only stops in one country, just select that country. If the cruise only visits stops within Australia, make sure you select the ‘Australian Cruise (Ocean)’ option and NOT just Australia. Please note that Everyday Domestic Travel Insurance does not cover ocean cruising but can be selected for land-locked (river) cruises.

If there is a ‘cruising’ option for the region (e.g. South Pacific cruise), select that region. If there is no option to select cruising, you should enter the names of each of the countries where the cruise will dock. For example, a cruise in Asia may include Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia (among other countries).

How do I make a Travel Insurance claim?

To submit a claim online, simply follow the below instructions:

  • Log in to your existing account or create an account
  • Select 'Make a claim'
  • Tell us what happened and the expenses you're claiming
  • Check your email for relevant supporting documents to upload
  • Submit your claim and our team will be in contact

What happens if I need to cancel my holiday?

There are any number of reasons people have to cancel their holidays, even at the last minute.

If you have to unexpectedly cancel your trip because of any one of the specific events listed in the PDS, Everyday Travel Insurance offers cover for the non-refundable costs of your trip and the travel agent cancellation fees, or the costs to rearrange your trip (provided the rearrangement cost is less than the amount you would have incurred had you cancelled your trip).

What should I do if my flight is delayed or cancelled?

Where possible, you must obtain documentation from the airline carrier or tour operator that verifies a delay or cancellation took place and includes details such as the reason/s for the delay and length of delay.

Travel must be delayed by at least six hours to meet the criteria for all Everyday Travel Insurance policies. If you know you'll be stuck at the airport for more than six hours you should contact the airline carrier or tour operator in the first instance to seek a refund, credit, or some form of financial compensation or arrangement specific to your needs.

If you do need to submit a claim for a travel delay, you must contact us to submit your claim as soon as possible.

Am I covered for Rental vehicle expenses?

Coverage is included for Rental vehicle insurance excess on our Comprehensive, Standard, Frequent Traveller, Comprehensive Domestic and Standard Domestic plans, with an option to increase the cover limit for an additional premium on some plans.

Refer to the PDS for the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions that may apply.

My bags have been stolen

If your bags or luggage items are stolen, you need to report the theft to the relevant authority (e.g. police, hotel, airline). While we understand that this can be a challenge in a country where you don't speak the language and payment may even be required, it is important you try to obtain as much documentation as possible at the time of the incident. You will need this evidence in order for your claim to be considered and it can be difficult to obtain some documents once you return to Australia.

Next, you'll need to submit a claim for your stolen goods along with all relevant documentation. If your claim is approved, we will, after allowing for wear, tear and depreciation, choose to pay or reimburse the cost of replacing your item or pay you its depreciated value. Claims can take up to 10 working days to process once we have all the relevant documentation.

Please refer to the PDS for the full policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions that may apply.

# Sub-limits apply.

~ This is a limit per policy; it is the most we’ll pay for all people on your Certificate of Insurance combined, per trip.

> Accompanying children are covered for free provided they are under 25 years old at the date you purchase your policy, are working less than 30 hours per week, are travelling with you on the same itinerary for your trip and are listed on your Certificate of Insurance.

+ Subject to terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Benefit limit amounts vary by level of cover.

Woolworths Group Limited, ABN 88 000 014 675, AR 245476 is an authorised representative of nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd (nib), ABN 81 115 932 173, AFSL 308461 and act as nib's agent and not as your agent. This is general advice only. Before you buy, you should consider your needs, the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Target Market Determination (TMD) available from us. This insurance is underwritten by Pacific International Insurance Pty Ltd, ABN 83 169 311 193.