These terms and conditions are important and you should read them fully. But there are some specific terms we wanted to make you aware of. These are set out below.
- Everyday Insurance may receive a commission and other benefits from the relevant Insurance Partner in connection with your insurance (see clause 2 for more details).
- Everyday Insurance may cancel, revoke or limit your right to enjoy an offer or promotion if we reasonably determine that you have used the offer or promotion in an excessive, unreasonable or fraudulent manner (see clause 13 for more details).
- Everyday Insurance, to the extent permitted by law and where Everyday Insurance has not directly caused or contributed to the loss or damage excludes any liability for any damages, including consequential damages, arising from or in connection with your use of the Website (see clauses 16, 25 and 26 for more details).
- Access to and use of the Website and all Everyday Insurance products and services are subject to these Terms and Conditions. You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by using the Website, or otherwise indicating your agreement to be bound (e.g. by telling us over the phone).
- To provide each Everyday Insurance product (and only for that purpose), Everyday Insurance acts as an authorised representative or agent for the Insurance Partner who issues or underwrites the relevant product. Everyday Insurance undertakes various activities including advertising, the operation and maintenance of some websites and quotelines, communication throughout the lifecycle of your policy and some sales and service functions. The terms and conditions that apply to your insurance product are set out in each respective PDS – Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Landlords Insurance, Renters Insurance, Pet Insurance, Travel Insurance, Life & Funeral Insurance. Everyday Insurance may receive a commission and other benefits in connection with each of these policies.
- To provide additional services like roadside assistance, Everyday Insurance works with Allied Service Providers who help deliver these services. The terms and conditions that apply to your Roadside Assist product are set out in the Everyday Roadside Assist Terms & Conditions.
- In these Terms and Conditions:
- 'Allied Service Providers' refers to Vetchat Services Pty Ltd ABN 96 616 786 997 and Digicall Assist Pty Ltd ABN 92 152 605 340.
- ‘Insurance Partner’ refers to Swiss Re Life & Health Australia Limited ABN 74 000 218 306 AFSL No. 324908, Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd, ABN 53 128 692 884; AFSL No. 343079, The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 AFSL No. 241436, PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 075 949 923, QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 or nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 81 115 932 173 as the case requires.
- ‘Website’ refers to insurance.everyday.com.au and associated sites.
- ‘Woolworths’, ‘Everyday Insurance’, ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ refers to Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 AR No. 245476.
- ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘Everyday Insurance Customer’ refer to users of the Website and persons who hold insurance policies issued under the Woolworths brand.
- You agree that Everyday Insurance or our Insurance Partners may send you commercial electronic messages and tailored advertising (which include marketing communications advertising goods and services or other offers and benefits that may relate to insurance and/or other goods and services) via various channels and media (including by email, SMS, and phone) where you have not opted out (as described below) from receiving such electronic messages sent to you by Everyday Insurance or our Insurance Partners via those channels or media.
- We only want to send you messages that you are happy to receive, and we try our best to make sure our messages are relevant to you. However, we understand you may want to opt out of receiving certain types of messages that we send you. You will receive different types of messages as an Everyday Insurance Customer. You agree that the method by which you can unsubscribe from each of these types of messages is set out in the table below. Please note that opting out from one message type will not opt you out from the other message types:
||How you can unsubscribe
|Customer surveys, requests for feedback and market research
- click the unsubscribe link contained within those messages
|Marketing and promotional messages
- click the unsubscribe link contained within a marketing or promotional email to unsubscribe from such emails;
- for Car, Home and Landlords Insurance, log in to My Insurance Portal, go to My Account and update your settings to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional messages from Everyday Insurance;
- send “STOP” to the number we provide you on any of our marketing or promotional SMSs to unsubscribe from such SMS messages; or
- call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234 and let us know what communications you no longer want to receive (if we can’t do it for you, we can certainly help walk you through the process).
|Marketing and promotional messages sent by our Insurance Partners, Allied Service Providers or other Woolworths brands and programs
- click the unsubscribe link contained within those messages to unsubscribe from such messages from that entity, brand or program; or
- follow the unsubscribe options referred to in the relevant PDS or terms and conditions to unsubscribe from such messages from that entity, brand or program.
- If you hold more than one Everyday Insurance policy, unsubscribing from marketing and promotional messages from Everyday Insurance will automatically unsubscribe you from marketing and promotional messages from Everyday Insurance in relation to other Everyday Insurance policies that are connected to the same email address or mobile number. If you have information with the related parties (suppliers/insurers), you may be required to contact them independently to request an unsubscribe relative to their products/services.
- To opt back in to receiving marketing and promotional messages from Everyday Insurance, you can:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- for Car, Home and Landlords Insurance, log in to My Insurance Portal, go to My Account and update your settings to opt in to marketing and promotional messages from Everyday Insurance; or
- call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- If you have any questions about how to unsubscribe or how to manage your communication preferences, please call the Everyday Insurance Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- If you cancel your Everyday Insurance product the Communication Sections of the Terms and Conditions will continue to apply for 5 business days after the effective date of the cancellation of your policy. However, the relevant Insurance Partners may continue to communicate to you in relation to your policy.
Offers and fair use
- We may from time to time make offers and promotions available to new or existing Everyday Insurance Customers or policies. Offers and promotions include, but are not limited to, gift card promotions, Everyday Rewards related offers and shopping or product discounts.
- Your enjoyment of an offer or promotion is subject to the terms and conditions specific to that offer or promotion, in addition to these Terms and Conditions. You agree that you will not use any offer or promotion in an excessive, unreasonable or fraudulent manner.
- If we determine, acting reasonably, that you have used an offer or promotion in an excessive, unreasonable or fraudulent manner, we may cancel, revoke or limit your right to enjoy the offer or promotion immediately and without prior notice to you.
- If you believe that we have unreasonably cancelled, revoked or limited your right to enjoy an offer or promotion, you can:
- email email@example.com; or
- call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- You agree the Website may contain a number of links to other sites which are operated by third parties. The provision of the link does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, use, or products and services made available through the associated web sites. By utilising these links, you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, privacy policies, opinions expressed, services provided, goods sold, or other links provided by these sites.
- The material on the Website is only intended for use in Australia. If you access the Website from outside Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws in your respective jurisdiction.
- The Website is not intended for persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should speak to your parents, your guardian, or a responsible adult and obtain their permission to use the Website.
- You agree that the information, materials and services contained on the Website are provided to you ‘as is’, and ‘as available’ and you should exercise reasonable judgement as to whether the information, materials and services contained in the Website is right for you and your circumstances and where information on the Website is a summary only, you should consult the source material provided.
- We may stop making the Website (or any part of it) available without prior notice. If during this time you need to take action under your Everyday Insurance policy or in relation to an Everyday Insurance product, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- Your use of the Website or any content or information contained on the Website is limited to obtaining insurance quotes, obtaining other information relating to the price of insurance cover and conducting insurance related transactions or queries, in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family with their prior consent.
- While we take steps to ensure the operation and security of the Website, you are responsible for taking any necessary precautions to protect and ensure your means of accessing the Website.
- You agree you will not:
- either directly, or indirectly through another party, use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other device or process to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Website, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Website, without our prior written permission;
- use any process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Website with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Website, or copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the Website without our prior written permission.
- You acknowledge all names and marks depicted on the Website are owned by one or more of us and no permission is given to you to make any use (including any reproduction) of them.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any statutory rights under any applicable legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement and the exclusions of and limitations on our liability in these Terms and Conditions do not apply in respect of any such statutory right.
- Subject to clause 25 or where it can be demonstrated that we have directly caused or contributed to the loss or damage as a result of our own negligence or wilful misconduct, we disclaim liability for any damages arising from or in connection with your use of the Website including direct or indirect damages, losses or expenses.
Governing Law and Disputes
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in the state of New South Wales, Australia.
- For information relating to complaints and disputes relating to insurance products, please refer to the relevant PDS. For information relating to complaints and disputes relating to financial services we provide, please refer to the relevant financial services guide.