As an Everyday Home Insurance customer, get 10% off an in-store grocery shop, once a month°
Find out more

Building Insurance

Buying a house might the biggest investment you ever make. Keep your property protected with Everyday Building Insurance. Pick between Standard or Comprehensive cover, plus choose your excess to adjust the premium you pay.

"I was able to get a great Home Insurance policy with [Everyday Insurance] with monthly payment options. I feel like the whole process was tailored to me and easier than I would have ever expected."

Lyndal, NSW

What's does Building Insurance cover?

storm damage

Storm damage

We'll cover you for damage to your building or contents caused by storms, rainwater or flooding

water damage cover

Water damage

We’ll cover you for the loss or damage to your building caused by the unexpected escape of liquids from sudden burst pipes, taps, dishwashers and more

emergency accomodation

Fire damage

You'll be covered for loss of damage to your building in the event of a fire or explosion

  • Emergency accommodation
    If you can't safely stay at home because of loss or damage caused by a covered event, we'll help cover accommodation costs for you and your family

  • Removal of debris
    We'll cover you for a reasonable or necessary cost of demolishing and removing debris or council fees 
  • Accidental glass breakage
    We'll cover the cost of repairing accidental breakage of windows, shower screens and more

Get a quick quote in minutes

Optional extras for your Home Insurance


Electrical motor burnout

If you add the optional electrical motor burnout benefit to your building cover, we'll help pay to fix or replace motors which form part of your building, as well as contents which have broken down due to an electrical motor's wiring burning out

Why pick Everyday Home Insurance?

Bundle to save

Bundle to save

Save up to 10%= when you buy combined home and contents insurance.

Quality cover you can trust

Quality cover you can count on

Backed by Hollard. One of Australia's largest insurers.

Award-winning Insurancer

Award-winning Insurance

Winner of Finder’s Customer Satisfaction Awards for Highly Commended Home Insurance 2023
See our awards >

24/7 emergency claims assistance

In the event of an emergency, our friendly claims team is available around the clock to help make your home safe and secure.

Why our customers picked Everyday Home Insurance

"Everything has been explained fully and my queries answered promptly. The entire claim process really simplified and most importantly [Everyday Insurance] has totally backed their policy."

Gazzard, VIC

"[Everyday Insurance] makes it easy to get a quote and sign up. They’re always offering local weather advice to help keep my home safe. I also like that it’s quick to get through to speak to someone on the phone"

Ryan, VIC

Questions about Home Insurance? We're here to help

Do I need to know the measurements for my building?

No, we do not need to know the exact measurements of the building. Some examples of the things we need to know are:

  • The address and age of the building
  • The construction type and roofing materials (for example, brick, cladding, tile)
  • The security measures in the building (for example, alarms and deadlocks)

Can I insure my building if it is under Strata Title?

We do not offer building insurance for properties under Strata Title. However we can offer you Contents Insurance.

How do I know how much to insure my building for?

We can only provide general advice about your Home or Landlords Insurance; we can’t provide you with advice about the replacement cost of your building. When considering the sum insured for your building insurance, this amount should cover the full cost to rebuild including the cost of structural improvements such as carports, fences and pools and clearing debris from the land in the event of a total loss, however, the sum insured should not include land value.

You should also consider increased building costs to meet stringent and Local Council building requirements. If you are unsure of the replacement cost, a builder or architect may be able to assist you or we strongly recommend you use a building calculator.

Am I covered for flood?

Everyday Home Insurance includes flood cover. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on terms, conditions, exclusions and limits.

Why don't you offer an 'unlimited' building sum insured?

Everyday Insurance lets you choose your own sum insured for your building and contents insurance. This way, you have peace of mind knowing that you are covered for the amount you think you’ll need if you suffer a total loss of your building. There is no advantage in being over-insured and paying a higher premium because of this.

How do I update or change my Home policy details?

You can manage your Home Insurance policy via My Insurance Portal.

From your account, you will be able to:

  • Update your email address and phone number
  • Update your credit or debit card details
  • Access your Certificate of Insurance

Login >
Register now >

If you need to make other changes to your policy, such as updating your physical address, you can contact us on 1300 10 1234 during our operating hours. Note that if your policy is pending renewal, online changes might be restricted.

° Woolworths offers this to policyholders (excluding Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Green Slip policyholders and Everyday Travel Insurance policyholders) with a registered Everyday Rewards card, linked to your policy, when making a purchase of up to $500 on groceries. Offer can only be redeemed once during the Offer Period. For full T&Cs click here.

Up to 10% discount applies when you combine Building and Contents policies. Applies for the life of the combined policy. Minimum premiums may apply that will reduce the savings discount.

Testimonials based on individual circumstances and varying factors such as cover options, excess, risk ratings and available discounts.

Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions including the limits and exclusions of the insurance policy. Any advice provided is general only and may not be right for you. Before you purchase this product you should carefully read the Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and consider the Target Market Determination to decide if it is right for you.